Table of Contents
- 1 SPC(Statistical Process Control) Deployment Expert Course
- 2 Frequently asked questions:
- 3 SPC Course Content
- 3.1 Basic Statistics
- 3.2 Introduction to Minitab
- 3.3 Why SPC? – Deming’s Red Bead Experiment
- 3.4 Basics of Measurement Systems
- 3.5 Variable Measurement System Correctness
- 3.6 Discrete Measurement System Correctness
- 3.7 Basics of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- 3.8 Control Charts for Variable Data
- 3.9 Control Charts for Discrete Data
- 3.10 Process Capability Studies
- 3.11 SPC implementation strategy
- 3.12 Share this:
SPC(Statistical Process Control) Deployment Expert Course
Leandigit specializes in statistical process control training and implementation support. Our SPC expert consultants and trainers have helped implements SPC in numerous manufacturing shop floors, as well as service based organizations. SPC is a tried and tested tool used to minimize defect generation, as well as a problem solving tool.
Frequently asked questions:
Why chose us as you SPC trainer?
- Trainers and consultant from reputed engineering background (IIT Delhi and IIT Kharagpur)
- Trainers have hands on practical experience in successful implementation of SPC
- Leandigit is an authorized re-seller and implementation partner of some of the most reputed SPC software providers like InfinityQS, Minitab and Datalyzer.
- If you are serious about your quality, chose a partner who can be offer both onsite as well as remote mentoring and support.
Who is the SPC deployment expert course meant for?
SPC deployment course is a 3 day course, meant for engineers and mid to senior level managers. This course starts from basic statistics, and builds up to advanced Statistical concepts. Typical profile of people who attend this training:
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Managers
- Operations Managers
- Process Experts
- Head of operations
- Operational excellence Mangers
- Process excellence Managers
- New Product & process development engineers and managers
- R&D engineers, scientists
Is there any pre-requisite for SPC course?
SPC involves some statistical concepts. Participants are expected to have basic mathematics and analytical skills. If you are familiar with using any statistical package like Minitab, SPSS or JMP, you will have an added advantage.
What software are required for SPC course?
Our SPC course uses Minitab software. If you already have Minitab, that's great! I not, you can contact us for a trial version of Minitab for the training, or purchase Minitab licence from us.
How many days of training?
Typical duration or onsite training is 3 days ( i.e 3 days x 8 hours = 24 hours). However, if you are taking this course as an instructor led online webinar, the course may be spread across multiple days depending on time availability.
Is there a online training option available?
Yes, if you are not able to attend an onsite SPC training, we can arrange online SPC training. Please contact us for further details.
SPC Course Content
While we are able to customize the course content based on your organization specific need, typical course content is as follows:
- Source and Type of Data
- Location of Data
- Spread of Data
- Shape of Data
- Consistency of Data
Introduction to Minitab
- Building familiarity with Minitab tools
- Graphical analysis using Minitab
- Statistical analysis to verify relationship between data sets
Why SPC? – Deming’s Red Bead Experiment
Basics of Measurement Systems
- Definition of terms
- Measurement Lifecycle
Variable Measurement System Correctness
- Definitions: Accuracy (Bias, Linearity, Stability), Precision (Repeatability, Reproducibility, GRR)
- Measurement system metrics
- GRR study methodology – Range and ANOVA
- Practical class exercise
Discrete Measurement System Correctness
- Definitions: Attribute data, customer bias, producer bias, appraiser score, system effectiveness score, training deficit,
- Discrete MSA Study Methodology
- Practical class exercise
Basics of SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Definitions: Common causes, Special causes, Control Limits
- Types of control charts and selecting the correct type
- SPC as a problem-solving tool vs process control tool
- Types of control
Control Charts for Variable Data
- Data collection in subgroups and its significance
- Calculation of control limits for Xbar-R, Xbar-S, X-MR
- 8 tests of special causes, and interpretation of Control Charts
- Class exercise
Control Charts for Discrete Data
- Defective vs defects
- Calculation of control limits for P, nP, U and C charts.
Process Capability Studies
- Specification vs process variation
- Short term vs long term variation
- Process capability measures – Cp, Cpk, Z
- Process performance measures - Pp, Ppk
- Identifying improvement opportunities
SPC implementation strategy
- Teams, roles and responsibilities
- Linkage to other elements of quality systems - SOPs, audit mechanism, FMEA, Control Plan
- Review Mechanisms
- Continuous improvement & Sustenance planning